1 Use of the Site
The Site is provided to you for your personal use subject to these Terms and Conditions. By using the Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Site. Any changes will be notified to you via a suitable announcement on the Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Site after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Terms and Conditions you should not continue to use the Site. If you continue to use the Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Terms and Conditions.
3 Intellectual property
The content of the Site is protected by copyright, trade marks (registered or unregistered), database rights and other intellectual property rights. You may retrieve and display the content of the Site on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the Site without written permission from us.
4 Availability of the Site
4.1 Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, we make no promise that the services at the Site will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that the services will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Site you should report it to email@example.com and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we reasonably can.
4.2 Your access to the Site may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will attempt to restore the service as soon as we reasonably can.
5.1 The Site may provide content from other Internet sites or resources and while we try to ensure that material included on the Site is correct, reputable and of high quality, we do not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Site we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
5.2 If we are in breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence to both of us at the time you use the Site. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.5.3 While we make every effort to ensure that the information provided by us on the Site is up-to-date and accurate, it may be that some errors or inaccuracies may occur through circumstances beyond our control. We are not liable to you under any circumstance for any such inaccuracies.
6 Third Party Websites
6.1 As a convenience to customers, the Site includes links to other web sites or material which are beyond its control. We are not responsible for content on any site outside the Site.
7 Applicable Law
These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement and you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
8.2 You may email enquiries to us via this Site. Such enquiries are requests for information only and do not amount to an acceptance by us of your instructions. If we accept your instructions the relationship between us will be governed by our Terms of Business which will be sent to you.
8.3 The Site contains general information relating to our business. It may also contain some general principles of English law. Such information is of a general nature only and under no circumstances should the information be interpreted as legal advice.
8.4 We shall not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Conditions caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
8.5 The Site is owned and operated by Gardner Croft Solicitors, 2 Castle Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2QH.
8.6 If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9 Gardner Croft Solicitors
9.1 References to Gardner Croft in this web site are references to Gardner Croft Solicitors.
9.2 The Term “Partner” is used to refer to an employee or consultant with equivalent standing or qualifications.
Terms & Conditions for “Worldpay” Online Payment Facility.
1. The online payments facility may only be used by you to pay your invoice or to make a payment on account of our fees and your disbursements.
2. We do not accept payments towards deposits in property transactions or settlement payments in litigation and matrimonial matters using the online payment facility.
3. Payments made using the online payment facility will only be accepted if they are made by the client.
4. We reserve the right to refuse any third party payments made on the client’s behalf without our prior approval. We cannot accept any liability for any resulting issues such as delays that subsequently occur if a third party makes any such payment without our prior approval.
5. Where we refuse a third party payment, we may be bound by regulations not to return the payment to the sender.
6. Online payments are subject to a maximum payment amount of £3,000.
7. We can only accept online payments in GBP Sterling.
8. Payments by credit or debit card made using the online facility are subject to clearance by your card provider. Your payment will take up to three working days to credit to our Client account. If the payment that you are making is required for immediate use then you must not use the online facility and first telephone the solicitor with conduct of your matter or our accounts department to discuss an alternative payment method.
9. If you make a payment which is not in accordance with these terms we reserve the right to refund or return your payment. Any such refund or return will only be made after the funds have cleared in our Client account and can take up to ten working days to be returned to the account from which the payment was made.
10. If you have made an overpayment or if you have made an incorrect payment then you may request a refund. Any such refund or return will only be made after the funds have cleared in our Client account. The funds can take up to ten working days to be returned to the account from which the payment was made.
11. Refunds requested for any other reason will only be considered once our standard terms and conditions of business have been followed.
12. When making payment by credit card via Worldpay you may not have the benefit of the protection of s.75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 that normally applies to credit card transactions.
13. If you have a general query about an online payment, please contact our Accounts Department at email@example.com. Alternatively please ring us on 01227 813400 and ask to speak to a member of our Accounts team. Please note that our Accounts Department is staffed Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 1.p.m and 2 p.m. to 5.15 p.m. and is closed on Bank Holidays.
14. If you wish to make a formal complaint you must follow the procedure set out in our standard terms of business. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at 2 Castle Street, Canterbury CT1 2 QH to request a copy.
Last update: 20 February 2018